Visit our office:
412 East Faulkner
El Dorado, AR 71730
Mailing AddressSouth Arkansas Historical Preservation Society
P.O. Box 144
El Dorado, AR 71731-0144
The South Arkansas Historical Preservation Society is a 501c3 organization. Funds are raised through donations, membership and rentals. Support is also provided by the Proctor Hill Fund administered by the Union County Community Foundation. Please consider becoming a member today.
- Annual Donation: $25
- Annual Donation: $50
- Annual Donation: $100
- Annual Donation: $250
- Annual Donation: $500
- Annual Donation: $1000
Benefits of Membership
- Annual Keeping History Alive event
- Annual VIP Tour of Newton Home
- Christmas Open House
- Community service hours offered to students and adults at yearly events
- Mayhaw Festival
- Monthly Historical Lectures free and open to the public
- Newton House tours to elementary, middle school and high schools
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Semi-annual joint lecture series with South Arkansas Community College
- Summer Student Internships
A published list of Preservation Society Members appears in the newspaper annually, quarterly newsletter, and on a panel display in the Newton House Museum.
To become a member, click the link below, download and print the membership form (pdf). You may bring it by the office or mail it in. Make checks payable to "South Arkansas Historical Preservation Society"
Thank you for your support.